Saturday, June 19, 2010

'TS3' Reviews + Rotten Tomatoes Update

Toy Story 3 is a great film. If you've read my review, you know that I loved it. The critics have spoken, and they all completely agree with me. The final film of the Toy Story trilogy is a smash hit, both at the box office and when it comes to reviews. I was going to compile a list of my favorite reviews, but Mike over at The Pixar Blog has an even more comprehensive list than mine; check it out here and here. All of these reviews offer valuable insight to anybody who is still wondering why they enjoyed the film so much.


But, if you just want the Cliffs Notes of what the critics thought, I recommend that you look no further than Rotten Tomatoes, a site that compiles all of the reviews for you. Currently, Toy Story 3 is the second best reviewed film of all-time on the site with a 99%, ranked only behind its predecessor in the trilogy, Toy Story 2.

TS3 has 153 tallied reviews--151 of them "Fresh" and the other two "Rotten". The two men who tarnished an otherwise flawless record for the picture are none other than Armond White and Cole Smithey, both of which are notorious for giving critically-acclaimed movies a bad name, just for attention. In fact, there's an online petition going around to get White (who has given every Pixar film a "Rotten" review, but Norbit a positive one) banned from RT. It currently has over 1,700 signatures (including mine), and I suggest you sign it as well.

Despite two hacks who call themselves critics, Toy Story 3 has a glowing record so far, and will continue to. Do I smell an Oscar? Or maybe even two? We'll see... But one thing is for sure: Lee Unkrich is gonna need a wheelbarrow for all of his award statues come award season.

Sources: The Pixar Blog, RT

2 comments:

Denis said...

New footage of Tangled in that Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip75TEDQFAo&feature=channel

sorry, it's on Spanish :S

Anonymous said...

Argh! Grrrrrr, no wonder! 2 rotten! I was shocked when I saw it! I wonder whether those people even WATCHED it or not! Go to the petition rite awaaaaayyy!