Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Six 'Princess and the Frog' Featurettes


I cannot tell you how excited I am that Disney is returning to hand-drawn animation. Hand-drawn animation, if you ask me, is absolutely wonderful. Don't get me wrong; I love computer animation, but I don't think it is a suitable replacement for the animation of Walt Disney's age. CG animation and hand-drawn animation are just different, I think we should have both (unlike a certain ex-Disney CEO...). Anyways, Disney is returning to the classic animation of Walt Disney with their upcoming film The Princess and the Frog. So, since I know how excited you are to see this film, here are six, count 'em, six featurettes all about Disney's newest film which is bringing back the magic to Disney:













This last featurette comes from AWNTV and is all about the fact that The Princess and the Frog signifies Disney's return to classic animation. It is a very short, very good video. Watch it here.

Well, I hope that all of those will hold you off until December 11 when the film is finally released. It will be Disney's 49th animated feature, and their first 2D film since 2004's Home on the Range. It is being directed by Musker and Clements who also directed The Great Mouse Detective, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Hercules--all truly great animated films, some of which I am proud to call my favorites.

Read more about The Princess and the Frog here. I hope you enjoy the film this December. I think you will...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.