Thursday, June 25, 2009

Official 'Alice' Website Launched


I am getting more and more excited to see Burton's Alice in Wonderland. It looks weird, entertaining, funny, quirky, and the closest adaptation to Carroll's original work. I can't even wait to see a teaser for the flick. It has some of my favorite actors and actresses (Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Michael Sheen, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee, Stephen Fry, Crispin Glover...), is being directed by one of my favorite directors, and is based on one of my favorite novels. And I don't think I have to mention that it is being made by one of my favorite movie studios, Walt Disney Pictures.


OK, you get it. I think that Alice in Wonderland will be a good movie, and I am excited to see it. If you are as excited and hopeful as I am, you'll be happy to hear that the official site has just launched. There isn't much to the site right now: just a logo for the film, a cool picture of the Mad Hatter's hat, and the ability to sign up for updates.

Still, I am excited to see it. Read more about the film here.

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!

2 comments:

Groovy Dave said...

Well, from what I've read, I wouldn't expect it to be the closest adaptation. It appears Alice will be 17, and on the verge of an unwanted marriage proposal. She flees the party, follows the rabbit, and returns to a place she had visited 10 years earlier, yet does not remember. Presumably, the denizens of that land remember her though. The production stills also show Anne Hathaway looking very White Queenish, so it would seem they are combining both Wonderland and Looking Glass.

comprar yate said...

Thanks so much for this post, pretty helpful data.