Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Walt!


Briefly: It was 107 years ago that Walter Elias Disney was born. He didn't know it at the time, but he would grow up to produce the world's most beloved animated features, the universe's best theme park, and the most recognizable mouse of all time: Mickey Mouse.

Today, I'd like to wish Walt a happy birthday. He was an animation and imagination pioneer. He was one of the first great thinkers in entertainment, and he took the first big steps toward where we are today. Without him, who knows what our world would be. I don't want to imagine a world without Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Donald Duck, Goofy, Mickey Mouse, or Walt Disney.

Happy Birthday, Walt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right, he's had a huge impact on what the world is today! (And luckily Donald Duck exists, my comic book shelf would be alot emptier without Don Rosa's Donald and Scrooge comic books, he's my favourite cartoonist.)

I really like your blog, I'll keep reading it! :)