Should current iPhone users upgrade to iPhone 3G?
In short: Yes!
In long: Yes!
There are several reasons as to why I think so:
1. 3G is over 2X faster than EDGE! Your new iPhone will be so fast compared to your old one, that you won't believe it!
2. Flush headphone jack. No more carrying around tiny, easy-to-lose adapters!
3. Solid metal buttons make a sturdier replacement for the current ones.
4. It is prettier than the current iPhone. It has a glossy back, it is contoured to fit hands and pockets, and no more annoying black bar at the bottom that always comes loose.
5. GPS is awesomely awesome. Period.
6. Bigger, better battery. 300 hours of standby time, 5 hours of 3G talk time, and 24 hours of audio playback...this battery is awesome.
7. 16 GB! If you are like me and you were an early, EARLY iPhone adopter, you are stuck with a 4 or 8 GB device. I don't know about you, but I have a bunch of songs and videos, and I am gonna load up on apps, and I like my memory!
8. $$$. The new iPhone is cheap. Bottom line. Sell your current iPhone for somewhere in between $100 and $175. Who knows? You may get lucky on eBay and get over $300 for it!
9. As an added bonus if you are part of a major corporation, some major enterprise settings and features have been added.
10. The new geotagging feature is very schweet. Using GPS, the iPhone knows where you take all of your pictures. So, when looking at a map, you'll see what pics were taken where, very cool.
11. You want one. You know you do.
If I still haven't convinced you, watch the ad and look at the photos, they should do the trick.
You may be saying to yourself, "But my current iPhone works fine!" Well, is your current iPhone part of the super fast 3G network? Or have GPS? Or a bunch of memory? How about a glossy back, metal buttons, and a convenient flush headphone jack? Think it over. You can afford it. You really want it. 3G iPhone. Coming everywhere July 11.